World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship announces upgraded food, beverage showcase. Enhancements include; Food Truck Fairway, Shula Burgers, GREY GOOSE 19th Hole, BLT Prime and cuisine by Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli.
Miami, Fla. – The World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship, taking place March 5-9 at Trump National Doral, has announced upgraded food and beverage options for tournament spectators throughout the course, including a variety of upscale cuisine and international fare.
Fans will receive a variety of true Miami culinary tastes, including:
- Food by seven of South Florida’s top food trucks in the Food Truck Fairway, located adjacent to the Blue Monster Village and the Cadillac Performance center near the first tee;
- The new BLT Prime in Trump National Doral’s clubhouse;
- An Eating House pop-up by celebrity chef Giorgio Rapicavoli, located at new Escalade Lounge hospitality venue on the 16th hole;
- The GREY GOOSE 19th Hole Lounge, located behind the 9th tee, which will feature the exclusive Blue Monster Signature Cocktail. GREY GOOSE products can also be found in the Escalade Lounge, near no. 3 tee, on the patio and throughout the clubhouse;
- Latin flavors from Versailles, located between the 1st tee and the 18th green;
- Beringer Wine Bar, located outside the Blue Monster Village, to players’ left of the 1st fairway;
- Michelob ULTRA Beer Garden and the frozen Island Whip on the beach near the third tee;
- Stone crabs, sushi and Moët & Chandon Champagne at the Moët & Chandon Champagne Bar, located behind the 9th green;
- The ever-popular Shula Burger, served throughout the course at concession areas. Beringer wines and Michelob ULTRA can also be found at each concession area throughout the course.
“We are proud to offer our fans an enhanced culinary experience at the Cadillac Championship with the additions of the Food Truck Fairway and participation by renowned chefs like Giorgio Rapicavoli,” said Cadillac Championship General Chairman Butch Buchholz. “We have upgraded our concessions with GREY GOOSE spirits, Moët & Chandon Champagne, Beringer wine, sushi, stone crabs, Shula Burgers, Versailles Latin food and more. In addition to the all-new Trump National Doral clubhouse, fans are going to enjoy an entirely new Cadillac Championship.”
Rapicavoli, Miami’s first winner on Food Network’s Chopped, is the executive chef and owner at Eating House, a fixture on Miami’s evolving culinary scene. Rapicavoli is moving away from what spectators traditionally expect at golf tournaments with his Eating House pop-up, giving them the opportunity to try something they’ve never tried before, especially on the course. Rapicavoli will be serving a non- traditional tartare menu throughout tournament week at Escalade Lounge, featuring a menu of four savory and two sweet dishes.
“I’m excited to be popping-up and making some pretty dope tartare dishes,” said Rapicavoli. “It’s an honor to be a part of the inaugural Escalade Lounge at the Cadillac Championship. You’re able to see that the PGA TOUR is really thinking outside the box and taking a non-traditional approach with this.”
As the official spirit of the PGA TOUR, GREY GOOSE Vodka will have hand-crafted specialty cocktails available throughout the week at the Cadillac Championship. The GREY GOOSE 19th Hole Lounge, located at the 9th tee, will feature The GREY GOOSE 19th Hole, a refreshing cocktail crafted by golf pro Matt Kuchar, as well as the Floridian-inspired GREY GOOSE Blue Monster. Known for its elevated food experiences, spectators at the Cadillac Championship will be amongst the first to experience the newest flavor to join the GREY GOOSE Vodka portfolio, GREY GOOSE Le Melon. Additional GREY GOOSE cocktails that will be served include the GREY GOOSE Le Citron Bloody Mary, which will be available for purchase at various locations around the course, and the GREY GOOSE Escalade Cocktail, which will only be available inside the all-new Escalade Lounge located at the 16th Hole.
Located next to the Blue Monster Village near the fan entrance, the Food Truck Fairway will be open to all ticket holders and will feature a variety of food, including:
- Che Grill – This authentic Argentinian restaurant is known for its high-quality beef served with homemade sauces on freshly baked bread. The menu includes Argentine-style empanadas and the Gaucho Burger (lomito cut steak topped with ham, cheese and a fried egg).
- Il Foirentino – This kitchen-on-wheels serves appetizers, pastas, desserts and other authentic Italian specialties with a fresh and original take.
- Pescados Unidos – Pescados Unidos offers the freshest Latin-inspired seafood around. The menu includes Miami’s Original Fish Sausage, ceviche, taquitos, quinoa-cucumber salad, duck tacos and conch fritters.
- BC Tacos – “Changing the world, one taco at a time,” BC Tacos serves unique and flavorful gourmet tacos including the Cave Dweller, Mammoth Mahi, the Missing Linke, the Encino Man and the Stone Age Shrimp.
- Health Nut On Wheels – A tasty option for fans looking to keep it healthy on the course, Health Nut on Wheels offers a menu primarily based on PALEO nutrition that is advent of processed, refined and packaged foods, refined sugars, industrial seed, vegetable & corn oils.
- HipPOPs Gelato & Yogurt – Not your average ice cream truck. HipPOPs offers traditional Italian gelato and handcrafted artisan dessert treats. At the core of HipPOPs are natural, gluten-free, kosher frozen POPs on a stick, as well as gelato, sorbet and frozen yogurt with three varieties of high-quality Italian chocolate dips and several crushed-nut “Pop-pings.”
- Island Whip – A fresh, fruit-full, delicious dessert that will be served at the new “Beach” location.
Other Culinary Options
- Versailles (this area is open to all ticket holders ): Versailles Restaurant, The World’s Most Famous Cuban Restaurant, has been serving Cuban cuisine and culture to the South Florida community and tourists from around the world for four decades. Now fans at the Cadillac Championship can find Versailles cuisine near the cart path between the first tee and the 18th green.
- Moët & Chandon Champagne Bar (this area is open to all ticket holders) Located behind the 9th green, the Moët & Chandon Champagne Bar satisfies two of the most important needs for human existence – good food and good drinks. Not only can you pick up a premium glass of Moët & Chandon Champagne, but you can also find sushi and stone crabs.
- BLT Prime (this area requires an upgraded clubhouse ticket): BLT Prime is a “prime” spot to cool off, with an enormous expanded seating area both indoors and out, offering views of the course that are second-to-none. But let’s not forget the food. Recently named Thrillist’s “Best Steakhouse” in New York City, BLT Prime’s newest outpost will serve the finest cuts of USDA Prime Certified Angus® beef available, including the 28-day dry-aged N.Y. Strip, Kansas City bone-in strip and Porterhouse for two; a number of BLT favorites, from the signature popovers and tuna tartare to the Dover sole and peanut butter chocolate mousse; and seasonal selections from the local market.
- Upgraded Concession Areas (this area is open to all ticket holders): Fans that want a good-ole American hot dog or hamburger can find these staples at concession areas all around the course. This year, fans can also indulge in signature dishes like the world-famous Shula Burger. Shula’s Signature Burgers are freshly made from a blend of Premium Black Angus Beef, short rib and brisket so that you enjoy a tasty, juicy burger every time.
This year’s Cadillac Championship will be transformed into a world-class Miami social event, bringing together the worlds of sports, fashion, music and entertainment. Cadillac Championship week will include a post competition fashion show on Friday, March 7, featuring world-known designer Carolina Herrera and hosted by Ivanka Trump.
The fashion show will anchor the tournament’s larger ‘Fashion Friday’ programming that will include fan contests, social media engagement and additional appearances by Ivanka Trump as well as the reigning Miss Universe, Gabriela Isler, and select cast members from Bravo’s Real Housewives series. Additionally, before and after the fashion show, fans will be entertained with music by DJ Irie of the Miami Heat.
On Saturday, March 8, Gym Class Heroes’ frontman and solo star Travie McCoy will headline a concert, also set to take place in the Blue Monster Village, following the completion of the tournament’s third round. Performing prior to Travie McCoy will be international pop star Emin, who recently kicked off a worldwide promotional tour for his new CD, AMOR, with a live TV performance on NBC’s Today Show on February 18 from the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Following EMIN’s performance, Mack on the Radio from Miami’s Y100 will continue the party with energizing music that will lead up to Travie McCoy’s performance. Access to both the Carolina Herrera fashion show and Travie McCoy concert is complimentary to all Friday and Saturday tournament ticket holders, respectively, with additional VIP opportunities available for purchase.
The TRUMP HOTEL COLLECTION™ purchased Miami’s iconic Doral Golf Resort & Spa in June 2012 and will be facilitating a $250 million renovation to restore Doral to its former grandeur, and well beyond. Situated on nearly 800 acres, Trump National Doral will feature eight newly redesigned villas; five championship golf courses, including the legendary Blue Monster and more. The resort has been host to the PGA TOUR for over 50 years and serves as home of the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship. More information can be found at www.TrumpNationalDoral.com.
For tickets and more information on the Cadillac Championship, go to www.CadillacChampionship.com.
Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. In recent years, Cadillac has engineered a historic renaissance led by artful engineering and advanced technology. More information on Cadillac can be found at http://media.cadillac.com.
About the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship:
The Cadillac Championship is located in the heart of South Florida and brings the essence of Miami to life with food, fashion, music, celebrities and nightlife. Held annually at Trump National Doral, the tournament showcases the best players from around the world for one week only. The Cadillac Championship is one of four World Golf Championships sanctioned and organized by the operational committee of the International Federation of PGA Tours, which includes the Asian Tour, European Tour, Japan Golf Tour, PGA TOUR, PGA Tour of Australasia and Sunshine Tour.
In addition to the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship, the other World Golf Championships include the Accenture Match Play Championship (Arizona, USA), the Bridgestone Invitational (Ohio, USA) and the HSBC Champions (Shanghai, China). The Cadillac Championship is broadcast to more than 1 billion households in 225 countries and territories in 32 languages. Proceeds from the Cadillac Championship primarily benefit The First Tee of Miami and the First Tee of Broward. The Cadillac Championship has generated more than $10 million for charity since its inception. The World Golf Championships as a whole have generated more than $43.6 million for charitable causes since the series began in 1999.